[PD] Re: [PD-announce] object for midi interface

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Oct 11 15:41:04 CEST 2005

On Sep 6, 2005, at 8:43 PM, Frank Barknecht wrote:

> Hallo,
> jeff gburek hat gesagt: // jeff gburek wrote:
>
>> hello, i'm new to the list. i am trying to develop a
>> pd environment to work with the junxion box offered by
>> steim. any clues how to go about this? what objects
>> should i look for? i am sorry if this doesn't make
>> sense, but i will explain more if i can contact
>> someone... best, jeff
>
> There is an external called "hid" which works on Linux and OS-X,
> though not yet on Linux. Get it from CVS at pure-data.sf.net for
> example. With "hid" you can access any hid device like joysticks,
> gamepad or the Junxion box. To convert to midi, you can use the
> "noteout", "midiout" or "ctlout" or similar objects that are in main
> Pd. If you don't want to or can't use "hid" you can also use the STEIM
> junxion software to convert from hid to midi and use "ctlin" etc. on
> the Pd midi side.
>
> Oh, and for questions you should not need to use pd-announce, just use
> pd-list as mailing list address.

I was at STEIM playing with the junXion box, everything I tried on the
junXion box worked with the [hid] object.  I am hoping to work more
with the junXion box, as well as others like the MultIO to make them as
simple to use as possible.

____

"Terrorism is not an enemy.  It cannot be defeated.  It's a tactic.
expect we're going to win that war.  We're not going to win the war on
terrorism."
                                                                   -
retired U.S. Army general, William Odom