[PD] Data deletion

Gregorio G. Karman ggkarman at musicologia.com
Tue Oct 11 21:14:46 CEST 2005

From: IOhannes m zmoelnig <zmoelnig at iem.at>
Subject: Re: [PD] Data deletion
To: Chuckk Hubbard <badmuthahubbard at gmail.com>
Cc: pd-list at iem.at, grhPD at gmx.at

>Chuckk Hubbard wrote:
>> Any idea, then, why it stopped reading my patch after about half a
>> megabyte?  Is it possible Pd somehow slipped in a grammatical error when
>> saving or something?  It reads fine when I delete the saved scalars.
>>

>is it working when you don't delete the scalars ?
>i suspect, that it is rather a problem with graphics updates than with

I've had similar problems ever since 0.36 when trying to load paches with
many scalars saved (several thousends or more). I always had the feeling
of problems with graphics updates. Try saving your patch with the
subwindow that contains the data closed. Even so, sometimes it takes ages
to open patches with many scalars (i have experienced several minutes lag,
but opened in the end).

greg.

>could you try pd-0.39-1test1 ? (or did you do so already and i just
missed it ??)

fmg.adsr.
IOhannes