[PD] Windows profi CPU load

João Miguel Pais jmmmp at arcor.de
Wed Oct 12 13:43:08 CEST 2005

hi,

I had a question related to cpu usage. my system is win-profi, IBM
Thinkpad 1Gb Ram, 1,6Ghz, RME Multiface, pd -asio -midiindev 1 -midioutdev
2 -channels 18 -audiodev 13 (and some libraries are loaded at start,
single externals only from pd when they're requested).

When I start pd my cpu (measured from task manager) is around 3-5%
(anything else off).
when dsp is on is cpu in 20-26%, regularly peaking to 40% every 6 seconds.

that bothers me because the performance gets a bit slower, and for some
reason after last summer my computer started to heat up more, and the fan
is on almost all the time when audio is only on.

happens with the two last versions of pd (presently I have the last one
installed).

By the way, everytime I use pd the windows theme gets changed and the
closing windows effect activated, which is very annoying. Has anybody had
this sometime before? It is really because of pd.

thanks,

João Miguel Pais

--
Lugostr. 14