[PD] ASIO with MS Sound Mapper?

carmen ix at replic.net
Wed Oct 12 15:32:14 CEST 2005

> It's really hard to get through all these pd versions. Is pd 0.39 an
> update of 0.38, which is the stable of 0.38devel? (Just like Mozilla
> 1.7, 1.6 and 1.6beta, respectively, or any other software I know)

nope, features are selectively removed over rather than jjjjust retagging the devel version as 'stable' or something..i know ALSA MIDI made it across, just not sure about the native ASIO as i havent touched Windoze in a while..

> >so basically make sure ASIo works in other apps first..if it does, read
> Yes, it does. I think it works in pd too, since I've got my ASIO device
> I just realized, that 0.38 doesn't show the behaviour I mentioned. I'll

you may have better luck specifying the device the oldfashioned way: open up a command prompt (start->run->cmd.exe), c:\path\to\pd -verbose -listdev, then find the asio device you want then 'pd.exe -audiodev 2' etc.. since portaudio exponentially more likely to freak out (and switch back to MS-Sound) when changing around stuff while everything is running..

hopefully this makes it a little more clear (although i do agree it should be less confusing!@ )