[PD] is there a [round]?

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Oct 12 18:27:56 CEST 2005

Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> Well, yes, you're right. However as they are functionally equivalent
> and as personally I tend to use [t b] a lot more(*) than [bang]
> (which I practically never use), I'm curious how big the overhead
> would be.
>
> (*) Because I find myself to often extend a [t b] to become a [t b b b
> ...] anyway later so I often just start with [t b] instead of [bang]

i don't have an answer to your question (how big the overhead might be),
however i have a (meaningless) remark regarding the use of [t b] instead
of [bang]:

adding " b b b" to [t b] is not less work than to change [bang] to [t b
b b b]; the patch's functionality will not be touched.

otoh, i myself often use [t b] instead of [bang], as it saves an entire
keystroke. which makes me think that a shortcut [b] for [bang] would
save even more keystrokes and - ...checking... - indeed, there is an
object [b] which is an alias for [bang]. (and changing [b] to [t b b] is
probably simpler and more efficient in terms of typing than changing [t
b] to the same)

mf.adsr
IOhannes