[PD] MIDI Recorder?

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Oct 14 12:06:16 CEST 2005

Hallo,
Ryan Supak hat gesagt: // Ryan Supak wrote:

> Hi PeeDee List, here's what I'm trying to accomplish:
>
> 1) Record a MIDI stream of a non-predetermined length
> 2) Play said MIDI stream back on-the-fly

See ds-sequencer.pd at:
http://royalrabbit.goto10.org/svn/goto10/pd-patches/fbar/pipeseq/
You need the other patches there as well, ds-sequencer.pd is the main
app, no externals are used.

It records midi notes into a data structure window, which you can play
back and also overdub on the fly. Currently the midi channel number is
not recorded, but this would be trivial to add (there already is a
field in the data struct for this.)

Alternatively you could record to a [qlist].

Ciao