[PD] problems installing gridflow

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Mon Oct 17 08:59:54 CEST 2005

On Tue, 11 Oct 2005, Gerda Strobl wrote:

> [gcc3] GNU C++ Compiler 3: missing (undefined method `<' for nil:NilClass)

This is strange. Do you have the C++ plugin for GCC ? (also called g++)
Most compilation errors that followed might be due to that.

> [x11] X11 Display Protocol: missing (where is X11/Xlib.h ?)

Install the X11 headers. In a RPM (or DEB) installer they're often called
"xlib-devel" or "xfree86-devel" or "xorg-devel" (depends on the distro)

> [puredata] Miller Puckette's Pure Data: disabled (would need libruby or
> librubystatic)

> ! but Pure Data is disabled (libruby I have)

libruby doesn't get detected because it's obscured by the GNU C++ problem.

> -btw my pd-source is in /home/gerda/download/pd-38.04
> where to declare that

Compiling GridFlow doesn't require Pd's source, apart from include/m_pd.h

> i have g++ but also installing different program -g++ was not found -
> in the created Makefile i found:

Are you _sure_ you have installed g++ ?

> CC = gcc
> CXX = g++
> --so can I just overwrite CXX=gcc?

That won't work, even if g++ is installed.