[PD] granular synthesis

Jacob Last jacoblast at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 11:39:55 CEST 2005

Jamie-

I ended up using pyext in the end, which worked wonderfully. I would
write each fft signal block into an array, then use the numarray stuff
in pyext to iterate through each block, calculate the centroid and
output a float. My vanilla PD implementation never seemed to work
quite properly, and I started playing with pyext before I even figured
it out... I will post all this stuff shortly when I have a second to
sort it out.

When I have some time, I'd like to plug some of the other formulae you
provided into my setup and see what can happen. Using a technique like
reinforcement learning for musical purposes might have some promise,
but it seems like the side effects are more interesting than the
intended ones...which puts it on strange ground, but isn't that what
we are doing anyway?

Jacob