[PD] pd macosx

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Mon Oct 17 15:54:30 CEST 2005

hi erich,

On Oct 17, 2005, at 4:21 AM, Erich Berger wrote:

> i have to work in the next weeks with
> pd on macosx.
>
> i use hcs package (thx for the work !)

...which one in particular?

> one thing makes me wonder:
> why is the updaterate of the interface so slow ?
> can i change it - or is this not a good idea ?

...a bit vague here:  are you talking about opening windows and
drawing patches, or updating specific number boxes, or...?  Tcl/Tk on
osx is basically an emulated x11, so there are differences, but I've
not found anything completely unusable...but then I've never done a
complete analysis of Tcl/TkX11onOSX vs Tcl/TkAquaOSX, which would be
helpful, I imagine...

james