[PD] GEM: multiply with movie

lorenz kirnbauer gem at orjo.net
Tue Oct 18 03:20:36 CEST 2005

Thoralf Schulze wrote:
> It doesn't pay to think photoshop when using gem. the
> gem-way of doing things is actually the more elegant
> one. don't forget to share your patch when you're done
> - others might be interested too.

i think i found a better - photoshop-like :) - solution..
there is an example of this solution attached to this mail:

the pix_multiply function just works for pix.. that was my problem.
you can't multiply a movie with a "normal" rectangle-object this way..

my workaround:

i took a black image in the same dimensions as my movie-material and
used pix_rectangle to draw a rectangle on this black dummy-image.

so i could use pix_multiply to combine the movie with the black-image i
painted the rectangle on..

this works quite great for making visuals :D

have fun !

--
lorenz aka orjo
gem at orjo.net