[PD] problems loading pix_2pdp and GEM

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Tue Oct 18 15:45:21 CEST 2005

Georg Holzmann wrote:
> Hallo!
>

>>1 : error @ TextBase, that I got around with  advice from IOhannes=>
>>
>>    short: try deleting lines 159-161 in TextBase.cpp (where
>>    TextBase::TextBase() is "implemented")
>
> why do you try to delete lines here? which errors did you have?

because i told him to do so...

>>3 : I don't know how to handle this error=>
>>
>>    text3d.cpp -o text3d.o
>>    text2d.cpp: In member function 'virtual void
>
> text2d::render(GemState*)':
> maybe because you deleted lines in TextBase ? ... but just a guess, didn't
> looked at the source ...

2 remarks: do you really need text-rendering ?
if not, re-configure Gem with "--without-ftgl --without-gltt"
if you need font rendering, try getting FTGL instead of GLTT.
it is much better and the library that is currently used by (i guess)
all Gem developpers.
the gltt-support (which is the one that gives you the problems) is there
only for historical reasons and will (hopefully) be removed in the next
official release.

mfg.asd.r
IOhannes