[PD] list character count

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Tue Oct 18 20:58:15 CEST 2005

Hallo,
Urs Liska hat gesagt: // Urs Liska wrote:

> what exactly do you mean?
>
> You can for example:
>
> [1 2 original(
> |
> [list prepend newitem]
> |
> [print]
>
> which will print you 'newitem 1 2 original'.

Well, not quite: [print] doesn't print the full list, which actually
is: "list newitem 1 2 original". To remove the first "list" you need
to use [list trim] or [route list]. This makes a difference e.g. if
"newitem" is a method name, like for example "set" is a method of
message objects. See the patch I posted for the difference in
behaviour. I think, it also is explained in list-help.pd.

Ciao