[PD] soundfiler sndfiler 0.38-devel 0.39 nightmare

Tim Blechmann TimBlechmann at gmx.net
Wed Oct 19 20:01:02 CEST 2005

> - pd-devel 0.39 with sndfiler:
> sndfiler only worked one and only one time on my powerbook and never
> on the target system (specs below). no errors are thrown to the
> console, filesize is reported correctly on outlet, target table
> contains silence. the samples are in wav-format. according to a
> use it.

i'm sorry, but i can't reproduce it. how did you figure out, that it's
only working once? by looking at the graph or by playing the array? i
wouldn't trust the graph.

> - pd-devel 0.38 with threadedsf enabled via configure + make.
> pd fails to load every external throwing a message similiar to this
> one:
>
> tried /usr/local/lib/pd/extra/vbap.pd_linux and succeeded
> load_object: Symbol "vbap_setup" not found
>
> i know there were poeple who experienced the same problem but what
> was the solution?

that it's a user bug ... you're running the old binary ...

> - pd-devel 0.39 with a workaround patch using [readsf~]->[tabwrite~]
> and higher samplerate:
> this sort of works but from time to time there are ugly glitches in
> the audio when loading the sample and crossfading. even if pd is run
> with -rt and as root.

no comment on this from my side ...

cheers ... tim

--
mailto:TimBlechmann at gmx.de    ICQ: 96771783
http://www.mokabar.tk

latest mp3: kMW.mp3
http://mattin.org/mp3.html

latest cd: Goh Lee Kwang & Tim Blechmann: Drone
http://www.geocities.com/gohleekwangtimblechmannduo/

would say "I want to see the manager."
				      William S. Burroughs