[PD] Gem not configuring again - I forget what the fix was

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Thu Oct 20 10:18:01 CEST 2005

Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Hallo,
> IOhannes m zmoelnig hat gesagt: // IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:
>

>>the simple fix it, to use the CVS-version of Gem
>

> If it compiles ...
>
> I have problems compiling on Debian.
>
> First quicktime.h isn't found in Gem/src/Pixes/filmQT4L.h because on
> Debian it lives in its own directory. I could fix this by adding the
> directory to the include lines as in:
>
> #ifdef HAVE_LIBQUICKTIME
> #include <quicktime/quicktime.h>
> #include <quicktime/colormodels.h>
> #endif // QT

no don't do that!
the paths are left away on purpose.

quicktime-headers on sid have moved to /usr/include/lqt.
so the correct way is to use either the output of "pkgconfig
libquicktime" or "lqt-config". Gem tries to do so.
if it still fails to detect quicktime, add "-I/usr/include/quicktime" to
the CFLAGS in Make.config

> Btw: Is it really correct to have so many different spellings of the
> quicktime-headers?

both  darwin and linux are unices, and are thus case sensitive.
so it is important to have different cases (it is the distributors fault)

> The next one is worse however:
>
> c++ -c -g -O2 -DNEW_VIDEOFILM -fPIC  -fno-builtin  -mmmx -O3 -funroll-loops -ffast-math  -I../ -I/usr/include/freetype2/ -I/usr/include/FTGL/  videoV4L2.cpp -o videoV4L2.o
> pix_videoNEW.cpp: In constructor `pix_videoNEW::pix_videoNEW()':
> pix_videoNEW.cpp:39: error: cannot allocate an object of type `videoV4L'
> pix_videoNEW.cpp:39: error:   because the following virtual functions are
>    abstract:
>    ../Pixes/video.h:73: error:     virtual pixBlock* video::getFrame()

this looks like configure failed to detect the V4L-headers

what's the config.log and the Make.config and the Base/configLinux.h ??

mfg.asd.r
IOhannes