[PD] Gem not configuring again - I forget what the fix was

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Oct 20 11:34:49 CEST 2005

Hallo,
IOhannes m zmoelnig hat gesagt: // IOhannes m zmoelnig wrote:

> Frank Barknecht wrote:
> >I have problems compiling on Debian.
> >
> >Btw: Is it really correct to have so many different spellings of the
> >quicktime-headers?
>
> both  darwin and linux are unices, and are thus case sensitive.
I know.
> so it is important to have different cases (it is the distributors fault)

Ah, this sucks. ;)

> what's the config.log and the Make.config and the Base/configLinux.h ??

Okay, I have found the real source of my problem: it's a documentation
bug. I was following the build directions in the toplevel GEM.README
where I read:

To install GEM on linux:
chdir into <Gemdir>/src/Gnu
read the README.build etc...

README.build says: run autoconf, configure, make.

But "<Gemdir>/src/Gnu" seems to be the wrong directory to do the
compilation.  Instead one has to configure and make inside
"<Gemdir>/src/" now.  Doing that will lead to a successful compile.

Ciao