[PD] Gem not configuring again - I forget what the fix was

Michael Berkowski michael at berkowski.net
Thu Oct 20 13:50:39 CEST 2005

Greetings,

I just went through this myself last week, also unable to find the original post.  I think what I needed to do was removethe first "-Wl,"  so the line begins with -shared.

LIBS="-Wl,-shared -Wl,-export-dynamic $LIBS"   Became
LIBS="-shared -Wl,-export-dynamic $LIBS"

I am not on that machine now, but I am almost certain that was the fix.  I've only ever had that problem on Fedora 1.

Best,
Michael Berkowski
michael[at]berkowski[dot]net
http://www.berkowski.net/