[PD] ordered numbers

david golightly davigoli at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 21 17:34:55 CEST 2005

Forgot all that.  You don't need externals.  PD already does exactly this.
What you're doing is mapping one set of numbers to another:

0 -> 1
3 -> 2
5 -> 3
10 -> 4

The left-hand column is a table index, the right hand column is the value at
that index.  Try setting up a table with a message like [my-tab 0 1 1 1 2 2
3 3 3 3 3 4( -- then tabread the values of that table with the index 1
through 4.  You'll get exactly the result you're looking for.

Alternatively, you could do this:

[sel  0  3  5  10]

Hope this helps!

David