[PD] Buffering numbers

Sylvain sylbx.le-beux at laposte.net
Fri Oct 21 18:27:32 CEST 2005

Hi list,

I am encountering a problem that I had some time before under Max and I
have the same now that I switched to Pd (actually it's more a logical
one than a soft one)
Here it is : I am trying to retrieve the n last numbers of a float
stream in order to sum them, and I want the n numbers to be refreshed
every time a new value is coming (Like a hardware register does with bits)
I tried several methods with spigot, glue, lists ... but nothing works.
Either I get all the values refreshed all at the same time (n times the
current value) or I lost values on the way.
I also looked at data structures, it seems there is something to dig
there but I am not familiar with data structures and I didn't succeed
either.
If anyone has an idea, a tip or a clue, it would be very helpful.

To be more descriptive here is what I would like to see :

At time n :

inlet (float at t(n))

Logical function
|             |             |
f(t(n)) f(t(n-1)) f(t(n-2)) ...

At time n+1 :

inlet (float at t(n+1))

Logical function
f(t(n+1)) f(t(n)) f(t(n-1)) ...

n.b. : f is for float and not the function !!!! ;)
Of course, at initialisation only f(t(n)) would be non zero, but don't
matter for now on.

Thx in advance

Sylvain