[PD] Re: GEM shader usage

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Oct 21 23:13:31 CEST 2005

Hallo,
james tittle hat gesagt: // james tittle wrote:
> On Oct 20, 2005, at 11:29 AM, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> >I tried the example for vertex_program now (after I compiled Gem-CVS)
> >and there seems to be an error in the toon.vp file. Gm prints:
> >
> >vertex_program:  program error at line 24:
> >"DP3  t0.x, state.matrix.modelview[0].invtrans.row[0], vNormal;"
> >
> >With trial and error I managed to "fix" this by removing the first [0]
> >now:
> >
> >DP3  t0.x, state.matrix.modelview.invtrans.row[0], vNormal;
> >
> >Is this correct? At least it looks cartoony now.
>
> ...weird...the shader in cvs is correct (ie. before your change):
> are you loading the texture (64shade.tif or 2shade.bmp)?  Also, there
> is the lightDirection parameter that can be changed (defaults to
> 0,0,0, which doesn't give much good shading), but I'll have to check
> out the given example (are you using the examples/02.advanced/
> programs?)...

I'm using examples/02.advanced/16.vertex_program.pd with defaults for
the shading bitmap texture, that is 64shade.tif.

> ...lastly, what card are you running this on (and drivers)?

It's on my latop (MSI S260) with a Intel GMA900 chipset (that's the
newer Intel onboard chipset). So it's no ATI or NVidia chip, if that
matters.

The drivers are the default drivers for xorg, all this is on Linux
(Ubuntu Hoary). (Actually I was a bit surprised that it works at all on
a non-NVidia card. Should this work on "all" OpenGL cards, maybe even
my old Matrox G450?)

Ciao