[PD] RE: Problem Compiling VSTSERVER for k_vst external

malik miller malikilam at hotmail.com
Mon Oct 24 01:08:11 CEST 2005

Hey there, thanks for the help with my last problem (which I have now
surmounted).  Another hurdle has arisen.  Apparently, when i am compiling
the vstserver the windef.h file cannot be found (which I believe are the
Wine Headers).  I have tried copying this file to every directory that might
make sense, but it has not worked.  (Right noe the windef.h file resides at
/usr/src/wine/include/windef.h  .

I am compiling the vstserver is /usr/src/vstserver-0.3.1  .

Can somebody please point me in teh right direction here??

Here is teh error message (thanks in advance):

demudi:/usr/src/vstserver-0.3.1# make
echo "\
cd servant/win;\
/usr/local/bin/winemaker --lower-none --nolower-include --nosource-fix
--nobanner --nobackup -I../../include -I/usr/local/include/wine/windows
-L../.. -lvstservant -L/usr/local/lib -L/site/lib .;\
./configure  --with-wine=/usr/local\
" >makevstserver.sh
sh makevstserver.sh
Scanning the source directories...
Generating project files...
  .
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for suffix of executables...
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for g++... g++
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking for sqrt in -lm... yes
checking for iswalnum in -lw... no
checking for gethostbyname... yes
checking for connect... yes
checking for gcc strength-reduce bug... no
checking whether we can build a Linux dll... yes
checking whether we need to define __i386__... checking for egrep... grep -E
no
checking whether we need to define __sparc__... no
checking whether we need to define __sun__... no
checking whether we need to define __powerpc__... no
checking for g++ -fpermissive option... yes
checking for g++ -fno-for-scope option... yes
checking for windef.h... configure: error: Could not find the Wine headers
(windef.h)
make: *** [servant/win/Makefile] Error 1