[PD] readanysf~ undefined symbol

august august at develop.ment.org
Mon Oct 24 02:45:22 CEST 2005

> i installed readanysf~0.13.1, but when i try to create a readanysf~
> object, gives this error:
> <http://aug.ment.org/software/readanysf%7E0.13.1.tar.gz>
>
> /usr/lib/pd/extra/readanysf~.pd_linux:
> /usr/lib/pd/extra/readanysf~.pd_linux: undefined symbol:
> _ZN16flext_dsp_sharedC2Ev
>
> someone could help me?
> I use pd-0.38-4 because 0.39-0 has some midi problems. do I need upgrade? :o
> and flext 0.5.0

federico,

this usually means that readanysf is not able to find one of the libraries
it needs.

did you compile it with support for mp3 and ogg?
if so, do you have libmad.so and libogg.so in /usr/lib or /usr/local/lib?

do you have a line with "/usr/local/lib" in your /etc/ld.so.conf?
did you run 'ldconfig' as root after installing flext?

can you run other flext externals?
where is your flext library located?  it should be in /usr/local/lib

-august.