[PD] Usb lights

CK chris at lo-res.org
Mon Oct 24 09:57:41 CEST 2005

I read:
> but i'm interested in controlling lights w/ different parameters...

well if you are willing to put some work (and budget) into it, there's
christian klippels usb I/O box -> http://multio.mamalala.de/
I wrote a [dmx] external (linux only) a while ago for use with this
driver -> http://llg.cubic.org/dmx4linux/
(the box usually hosting it is down - but it should be up and running
in a more stable place RSN[tm] - and you can always drop me a line)
olaf matthes wrote a dmx-usb object which is probably in cvs.

> is there a way to control those usb-powered lights using PD?

hmmm .. never had any of those but I suspect that all you can do with
them is basically (running as root) telling [shell] to run scripts
like:

on.sh:
modprobe uhci-hcd # or ohci whatever your controller

off.sh:
rmmod uhci-hcd    # see above

(yes I'm aware that's a bit brute force ;)

I don't think those are meant to be controlled - but please prove me
wrong here.

HTH

chris at lo-res.org	Postmodernism is german romanticism with better
http://pilot.fm/	special effects. (Jeff Keuss / via ctheory.com)