[PD] Re: [PD-announce] [osx] pd++0.39-1Beta available

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Mon Oct 24 15:57:58 CEST 2005

On Oct 24, 2005, at 12:24 AM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:

> Lots of good fixes, thanks Jamie.  I'll be incorporating them into
> the main build system soon.  Some comments:
>
> - When I use the Help->Browser menu, it seems to be copying a ton
> of files each time I use the menu.  I know that Miller introduced
> this hack for Mac OS X with 0.39, but it seems to have gone wild
> with pd++.

...yeh, that's REEEEAAAALLY irritating, but I haven't looked into it
beyond what it does...hard to say if it's what miller did or some
change in tcl/tk 8.4.10, but it definitely needs to be fixed...plus,
I think "browser" under "html" is a little vague, and should be named
something like "patches" or "patch browser"...

> - It runs for me on 10.3.9, including Gem, but I can't get the new
> Gem window behavior to work.  For me, its still the old-style, Cmd-
> click to move and never gain focus.

...weird, because it definitely works here:  maybe this is something
lost by not using 10.4.x?

> - can you post how you compiled pdp/pidip somewhere?  Ideally, I
> think we'd import a stable version of pdp into the CVS (currently,
> it seems to be pdp 0.12.2) so this could become part of the
> standard build system.

...sure, this'll happen after I get my deadline passed :-\  Mostly,
the trick was just to make a directory full of symbolic links to the
static libs installed to by fink, then go thru and add that to the
pdp and pidip makefile's...

more l8r,
james