[PD] aenv~

Conor forward at forwind.net
Tue Oct 25 04:58:45 CEST 2005

Hi folks,
another beginner question...
I was hoping to use a an adaptable envelope on an audio signal. I copied
over the external aenv~ into my extra folder. When i start a new patch
and make a new aenv~ object, it seems to initialize the object properly
providing 5 inlets and 1 outlet. I couldn't find any examples so via
trial by error (and peaking into the src :-) , far as i could make out,
the first inlet is for a bang or 1 to trigger the envelope, the second
to fifth are the values for a typical ADSR envelope. In my understanding
of such an envelope the attack,decay and release times  are measured in
miliseconds while sustain is a scaling factor (0-1 - floating point). I
then scale the audio output of what is coming out of aenv~. Firstly is
my understanding of this correct? Secondly are the values based on the
unit circle (0-1) or what scale should I consider.

Best regards,
Conor