[PD] the "any" object (pd on osx...)

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Tue Oct 25 15:23:39 CEST 2005

hi marius,

On Oct 25, 2005, at 6:06 AM, Marius Schebella wrote:

> ok, thank you. I found it now in the extra/iemabs folder, I did not
> know this is just an abstraction... how do I add this path to my
> search-paths? with .pdrc like on linux? the program/package
> pd-0.39test2-extended-RC0 seems to be a kind of packaged file,
> which I cannot access like a usual folder? (maybe because I am not
> so familial with Mac usage in common)

...yes, the app package is a special beast:  like other have
mentioned, tho, you can just use "file->path" to add a path, but that
won't take effect until next startup...

...alternatively, you can control-click (or right-click if you have a
fancy mouse) the application icon in the finder, which brings up a
contextual menu:  select "show package contents", which opens a
window that contains a folder called "Contents"...then navigate to
Contents/Resources/extra, and that's where you'll find all of the
included abstractions and externals, so just drop whatever you want
to install in there...

...and thanks for the heads up, guess it's time to go thru and see
what else besides iemlib has changed, and re-add them...

james