[PD] GemCVS menubar hide

james tittle tigital at mac.com
Tue Oct 25 17:00:02 CEST 2005

hi,

On Oct 25, 2005, at 9:03 AM, Max Neupert wrote:
> concerning the Gem fullscreen you wrote recently on PD-List:
>
>> This has been addressed in CVS, and adds the ability to show and hide
>> the menubar and Dock.
>
> I would like to know how to cotrol these features.

from the cvs log:

[OSX] added menubar message to [gemwin]:
  1 = show
  0 = hide everything (full "kiosk" mode)
-1 = hide menubar, but autoShow with mouse at screen top
- this is only effective when gemwindow has "focus"

...so, [menubar -1 < to [gemwin] will give a behavior similar "dvd
player.app", but [menubar 0 < hides everything, and you are
responsible for having a way (bind a key from [gemkeyboard] to
[menubar 1<, perhaps) to switch back!...this actually applies to
either fullscreen or windowed mode...and I should really stress that
last line:  this only works with pd++.app (www.tigital.com), or any
other pd version that has the Rez hack applied to it (search the
archives)...

> thank you in advance.

...you're welcome, after the fact :-)

james