[PD] convolution with partconv~ or FIR~ or something else?

David Merrill dmerrill at media.mit.edu
Wed Oct 26 01:06:00 CEST 2005

Hi everyone -
Has anyone out there done much real-time convolution in PD? I found a
thread from a while back where partconv~ and FIR~ are suggested, but not
much else out there.. After trying them, I'm having different troubles
with both.. partconv~ seems to load my system to the point where the
audio is breaking up and the mouse moves really slow. (running Ubuntu
linux, Alsa + Jack on a mini-itx 1Ghz motherboard, 512MB ram) FIR~ seems
to work all right with smaller block sizes, but I can't figure out how
to send a 44.1Khz signal through it as the "kernel" rather than
initializing it with a static array. I want to convolve one moving
signal with another one, and any ideas would be appreciated.
cheers,
-David Merrill

--
MIT Media Lab