[PD] Pd packaging on osx was: Re: [PD-announce] [osx] pd++0.39-1Beta available

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Wed Oct 26 08:10:46 CEST 2005

The point of the way that the Pd.app is structured now is that you are
not supposed to edit it at all. You make all of your additions to
folders like ~/Library/Application Support/Pd/Externals and
~/Library/Application Support/Pd/Doc.  That way you can upgrade Pd
without messing with your setup, among other advantages.

This has been discussed in the past a far amount.  If you are
interested, I suggest checking out the archives.

Also, in my next release, I'll be enabling the new Plugins management
feature that you'll see in the Info panel of the Pd.app.

.hc