[PD] pixeltango nice feature not tested

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Wed Oct 26 14:44:36 CEST 2005

Hallo,
patrick hat gesagt: // patrick wrote:

> in pixeltango there's a nice feature. if you touch a [commun] object you
> can assign a midi controller to it. i didn't test it, but i think it's
> there. for an example:
>
> 1) you touch  rotate_x slider
> 2) you turn a know on your controller
> 3) the rotate_x is assign to the last cc
> 4) you save this routing
>
> it would be great to have this kind of template in memento!

There is "rradical/control/rrad.ctlearn.pd" in RRADical which you
could use to wrap the [communs] you'd like to be midi controllable. I
don't want to add this directly to [commun] as [commun] also can be
used to state-save non-floats like lists and symbols.

Alternatively I personally prefer to use a seperate patch to interface
with midi altogether. In CVS you can find this approach realized in:
rrad.evo33.pd and rrad.evo33b.pd

They work as a kind of general purpose mapper from midi-CC to
arbitrary OSC messages with scaling of value ranges. All settings are
saved into a memento as well. This way you can create different
CC-OSC-mapping groups, that you can change on the fly. This is
veryvery powerful, much more so than a direct CC-to-slider-mapping
could be. However I agree, that it requires a bit more planning,
though.

Ciao