[PD] Gem cvs compilation error and possible Xorg migration problems

IOhannes m zmoelnig zmoelnig at iem.at
Wed Oct 26 15:41:58 CEST 2005

Peter Plessas wrote:
> Hi List,

> -I/usr/include/FTGL -I/usr/include/freetype2  filmMPEG1.cpp -o filmMPEG1.o
> make[1]: *** [filmAVIPLAY.o] Error 1
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/src/cvs/Gem/src/Pixes'
> make: *** [Pixes] Error 2
>

> I am here on a powerpc testing machine, running debian testing with a
> 2.6.13 kernel.
>
> Any ideas are very welcome!

i think there are 3 possibilities (sorted from short-term to long-term use)

a) turn off avifile/aviplay-support
b) don't use g++-4
c) file a bugreport against libavifile-dev

i really think that the problem is with libavifile using some deprecated
templates, but of course i am not sure, so the problem might well be on
the gem side of things.
if you find out something more, please tell me so.

mfg..rd
IOhannes