[PD] [comport] for windows

Piotr Majdak piotr at majdak.com
Wed Oct 26 22:50:17 CEST 2005

Winfried Ritsch wrote:
 > Please tell us mor about your setting, which windows, which
 > compiler....

The OS is Windows 2000, the comport.c was compiled with MS VS6.0 using
the makefile.

 > Did you compile it yourself on the target machine ?

Two years ago IOhannes sent me a version of the comport external. It
didn't work on Windows 2000 properly so I tuned it a little bit. I
tested it, unfortunetaly, with slow traffic and short time period only
(9600 baud, one or two minutes of communication) and thus, I thought I
fixed the problem. Now, I use a higher baudrate (57600baud) and streamed
data, which means, I get appr. 5000 Bps for the serial port and pd
crashes like this:

I create the comport object with the proper baudrate in naked pd on the
machine receiving the data stream and wait (the data stream from the
periphery must have been started before). Half an hour later, pd
increases the CPU load to 50% and becames not responsible...

I looked to the CVS repository for a newer version, but it seems to be
the one I got from IOhannes. Do you have a newer one? If yes - could you
put your version into CVS or just send me the comport.c file - I'd like
to diff it against mine to see what I'm doing wrong here.

Thanx,

Piotr