[PD] [comport] for windows

Piotr Majdak piotr at majdak.com
Thu Oct 27 14:42:04 CEST 2005

Hi!

Winfried Ritsch wrote:

> for WINDOWS 2000 i had a #ifdef WIN2000 in my code which wasnt in CVS, i just
> committed now. This  means the    FILE_FLAG_OVERLAPPED at open is not used. I
> never  found out why but then WINDOWS2000 worked,

Yeah, that's exactly the same change I did in my version of comport. In
overlapped mode, the thing gets more complicated...

>>I create the comport object with the proper baudrate in naked pd on the
>>machine receiving the data stream and wait (the data stream from the
>>periphery must have been started before). Half an hour later, pd
>>increases the CPU load to 50% and becames not responsible...
>>
> This looks like a blocked read (see above).

> I just updated the CVS now.

Thanks for the update - I'll test it, try to fix it if necessary and
give you a summary of what happened. If I can't resolve the blocked read
problem using nonoverlapped mode, I'll have to use serial port in
overlapped mode - in this case I'm afraid I'll need your support :-)

Thanks again and greetings to Graz,

Piotr

--
Piotr Majdak