[PD] NameError: name 'pyext' is not defined

Koray Tahiroglu ktahirog at uiah.fi
Thu Oct 27 15:45:18 CEST 2005

Hello Thomas, hello everybody,

I just compiled py library for Pd, and the examples, which are
located inside the package seem like they work fine when I ran the
related pd file with related pyext obj exp [pyext simple ex1].

When I modify the py file, and run the script inside python, it gives
me the following error.

File "simple.py", line 73, in '?'
         class ex 1(pyext._class):
NameError: name 'pyext' is not defined

is it so that the python, in my system, does not understand pyext, or
am I doing something wrong ( or not doing anything) for pd to see the
changes in py file?

How will I be able to make it right so that pyext objects will just
run perfectly well:-)

I am using g3 mac os X Tiger, Macpython-2.4

thanks,
Koray.

M.Koray Tahiroglu
Media Lab,
University of Art and Design Helsinki, TaiK
Hameentie 135C 00560 Helsinki Finland
http://mlab.uiah.fi/~korayt/
http://purenoise.uiah.fi:8000/
tel: +358 40 754 8449