[PD] functional generator for DIY-ing

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Thu Oct 27 17:05:34 CEST 2005

Hallo,
Frank Barknecht hat gesagt: // Frank Barknecht wrote:

> hard off hat gesagt: // hard off wrote:
> > "several days"
> >
> > ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!
> >
> > funniest thing i have ever read on this list
> Well, the other joke wasn't bad either, huh?

Okay, beack to serious mode: I wasn't joking with the several days
stuff at all. If one wants to take the shortest path to learn Pd, then
apart from joining a workshop by one of the prominent list members,
reading and working through the documentation is the best approach.
Doing this will not take longer than a couple of days, however of
course how much someone will understand in that time is another issue.

Pd itself is one of the easiest programming environments out there.  I
have seen people (in workshops) do amazing things after a couple
of days.

Mastering it however will not take take several days, it will not take
months, it will literary take years. Like learning the piano does.
Well, but most people here know this.

Ciao