[PD] Linux - mac

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Fri Oct 28 07:52:40 CEST 2005

Hallo,
carmen hat gesagt: // carmen wrote:

> On Thu, Oct 27, 2005 at 07:52:55PM -0700, julieta Maria wrote:
> > Hi, and thank you for your answers, you have been
> > great.. I don'e know if this is the correct list to
> > ask this question, but.. if I want to run PD on linux,
> > and I have a mac osx, is linux compatible/installable
> > on the mac and what would be the implications of that
> > (could it coexist with osx, etc? I have panther...
>
> yeh...you can run linux in macos, or macos in linux,
> with maconlinux. or you can run gentoo on macos,
> as well (if you just want it for the source /
> app management and stick with apples kernel and OS..)

Or you install Linux in paralell to OS-X. Why not try Ubuntu,
www.ubuntu.com ? It's very slick, easy to install, and you can use the
great Pd packages for Debian on it.

Using bittorrent you can download it in 30min on standard DSL:
http://us.releases.ubuntu.com/releases/5.10/
either the "live" version which doesn't install anything to disk, but
runs from CD, or the "install" CD which will do a real install.

Ciao