[PD] Linux - mac

CK chris at lo-res.org
Fri Oct 28 08:05:00 CEST 2005

I read:
> ask this question, but.. if I want to run PD on linux,
> and I have a mac osx, is linux compatible/installable
> on the mac

yes - for some odd reason I'd recommend debian
http://www.us.debian.org/releases/stable/powerpc/

> and what would be the implications of that

hmmm you would have linux on mac hardware ;)

> (could it coexist with osx, etc? I have panther...

absolutely - and as carmen pointed out - apart from
dual-booting you can even run one os in a virtual
machine (like mol -> http://maconlinux.org/) within
the other.

to install however you'll need to repartition your hd
(or use a 2nd drive) to do this non-destructively you'll
need some tool that won't come with your debian install
image. (like hmmm what's the name again iPartition ?)

HTH

chris at lo-res.org	Postmodernism is german romanticism with better
http://pilot.fm/	special effects. (Jeff Keuss / via ctheory.com)