[PD] Linux - mac

Lorenz Schori lorenz.schori at gmx.ch
Fri Oct 28 12:07:06 CEST 2005

hi josue

i think you should post your question to a linux/ppc list like debian-
powerpc or perhaps one in your mother language because you will
likely need more specific help than we can provide here.
some starting hints:
- you will have more troubles to get linux running properly on
powerpc than on pc. especially wlan and powermanagement in some
powerbooks is not working. if you just want to run pd try one of the
osx packages from miller, hans or james. if you just want to play
with linux and see if you like it just try a live cd.
- there are different distributions. i recommand ubuntu because it is
very user/beginner friendly (http://www.ubuntulinux.org/). there is
the ppc only yellow dog linux distribution. i did not tried it until
yet. (http://www.yellowdoglinux.com/)
- check out the different linux/ppc websites: http://penguinppc.org/,
http://ppcnerds.org/

cheers