[PD] pool disappears

Thomas Grill gr at grrrr.org
Fri Oct 28 15:21:00 CEST 2005

Hi Gerda,

> just installed new version of pool-(using pd-0.39-1test1)
>
> my pd is telling me:
> pool 0.2.2pre - hierarchical storage object, (C)2002-2005 Thomas Grill
>
> When i open new file -new object-I write in "pool"-as soon as I click
> next to the object -the whole object is disappearing.
> but saving the patch shows me in the text file that the object is there.
> But on the other side I can open pool-help.pd--and pool is
> visible--but copying from there to the empty patch doesnt work.
>
> This doesn't happen with pd 0.38-4-(there it works perfect)--is this
> magic disapperance because of pd-0.39?

yes, i think it is so, although i thought it would not happen with the
current cvs versions anymore.
I am suspecting that you compiled flext and PD against 0.38 and then
used the same pool object with 0.39... is this true?
If yes, could you try to compile flext and pool freshly against PD 0.39
headers (edit buildsys/config-pd-linux-gcc.txt beforehand, and do a
"build.sh pd gcc clean") ?
Seems i have to look closer into that issue....

best greetings,
Thomas