[PD] Usb lights

B. Bogart ben at ekran.org
Fri Oct 28 19:21:03 CEST 2005

Hi Robert,

Indeed the AID site is down, I've emailed aid at interaccess.org about it.

What lights are you controlling? How many? Maybe a parallel port would
be enough? You could switch the parallel port pins and use a simple
circut of tracs and opto-isolators to drive AC current controlled by the
computer.

USB seems a little high-level for what you want to do.. Why USB and not
parallel, serial, etc??

If your not into building your own system for the lights (or paying
someone else to do it) seems a MIDI or DMX lighting control system would
be ideal, if you can afford it...

.b.