[PD] Usb lights

Christian Klippel ck at mamalala.de
Sun Oct 30 00:51:33 CEST 2005

hi,

Am Sonntag 30 Oktober 2005 00:33 schrieb robertgarvin at bellsouth.net:
> About how much would it cost to build something for me to control about
> 10-15 positionable mini-LED lights with pd? Robert

i assume with "positionable" you mean led's attached to a lead that you can
place elsewhere. if you mean to have the position controlled by usb as well,
that woul make things more complicated, of course.

the cost for that would be around 30 euro in parts. you can save a lot when
you request the microcontroler as sample from microchip.

you would need a chip, a usb socket, a crystal, two capicators and some
pinheaders to connect the led's to, all mounted on a perfboard.
if you want to drive more than one led at once (i.e. connect 5 led's to one
output), you need to add a transistor and two resistors per output. for ten
outputs, add another 5 euro for the drivers.

you need to buy the parts yourself and send them to me, if you want me to
build it for you. all you need to include is the postage to send the stuff
back, plus whatever it is worth to you that i build it for you. thats all.

if thats ok for you, contact me off-list, i send you a partlist then.

greetings,

chris