[PD] Data structures

david golightly davigoli at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 30 01:01:00 CEST 2005

Hi Josue,

There was just a thread on this 2-3 weeks ago.  I think the verdict was:
first of all, you've got to have 0.39, because a lot of
simplifications/enhancements were made to the Data Structures aspect of PD
with that release.  The documentation for DS also got much clearer and
easier to learn with 0.39.  Also, try looking at Frank Barknecht's tutorial:

http://puredata.info/community/projects/convention04/lectures/tk-barknecht/

That said, the most difficult thing for me to figure out was: in order to
create data, you need to [append] it into the destination subpatch.

So read those tutorials, try working through the examples in the
documentation with 0.39, then ask any questions you might have.  Data
Structures are a potentially very powerful part of PD that still need a
little more development to come in to their own, and they're definitely a
more advanced feature that you should only start learning once you've got
the basics down with the rest of the language.

Hope that helps.

David

homepage:
http://www.davidgolightly.net