[PD] Pd packaging on osx was: Re: [PD-announce] [osx] pd++0.39-1Beta available

Hans-Christoph Steiner hans at eds.org
Tue Nov 1 06:27:22 CET 2005

I see little advantage to this complexity.  Why do you need to update
only parts of the Pd.app?  Why not just download a whole new Pd.app?
Bandwidth is cheap enough these days.  Having a build that has
consistent versions of the various bits of code that are known to work
with each other is huge.

If someone really needs such a specifically tailored Pd.app, it would
be easy enough for them to do it themselves by copying the *.pd_darwin
files into place.

.hc