[PD] Netsend and other dataflow languages

Marc Lavallée marc at hacklava.net
Wed Nov 2 02:47:38 CET 2005

Le 1 Novembre 2005 19:44, Alexandre Quessy a écrit :
> Hi,
>
> I would like to know which other dataflow softwares can communicate
> with Pd via Netsend (TCP for now) and if their messages are similar.

The pdreceive man page says: "Each  message received  is  printed to the
standard output with a trailing semicolon. The protocol used is easy to
implement and is called FUDI." It means that if the software you want to
communicate with doesn't directly support FUDI, feel free to implement it.

Here's a dead easy way to inspect FUDI messages with netcat:
- start netcat in listen mode on port 3000
  (in a console, type "nc -l -p 3000")
- start pd and open the netsend help patch
- click on "connect localhost 3000"
- play with the number box.
- look at the console...

--