[PD] [Newbie] Hello…

Paul Sellis paul.sellis at wanadoo.fr
Thu Nov 3 09:48:15 CET 2005

Hi everybody !

I'm new to the list, and I am new to Pure Data too…
So I am afraid to ask you very naive questions.

I'd like to create patches to interact with videos in performances on
stage (a realtime multistream composited image), and I am wondering
what could be the best tool…

On Macintosh Max/MSP or Pure Data seem to be the more powerfull
softwares to manage that.
Because Pure Data is free, I'd prefer to learn it, but could you tell
me please if :

- Pure Data is "more powerfull" than Max/MSP for video ?
- Do I have to install extra libraries or extensions tu Pure Data to
manage videos, stage lights, captors, etc… A full set to download
somewhere ?
- What advise could you give me to learn how to create multistream
composited video patches ? A good tutorial for videos ?…

Thank you for your patience !

PAul