[PD] using quattro sound card

Oded Ben-Tal oded at ccrma.Stanford.EDU
Thu Nov 3 12:55:37 CET 2005

I am trying to use 4-channel output with my m-audio quattro card. I am
using planetCCRMA, RH9. the Quattro has 2 stereo devices (defined in alsa
as hw:1,0 and hw:1,1.) I was able to define a virtual 4-channel device
(using .asoundrc file examples) combining these 2 devices and I can get
snd/clm to use this. Does anyone know how I get pd to either recognize a
virtual audio device or get pd to recognize the 2 different stereo devices
and map them to 4 channels.
I tried using jack but it doesn't work (even with just 2 channels I am
having problems so I try to avoid jack completely).

thanks
Oded