[PD] gatom length and osx problems

Ed Kelly morph_2016 at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Nov 3 17:36:34 CET 2005

Hey guys,

I'm having problems porting a PD patch from Linux to
Osx(!) and I think it may be something to do with
gatom. Is there a limit to the length of gatom? My
patch involves a lot of shell operations (using
ggee/control/shell - the osx version appears to have
only one outlet, is there a reason?) and I can only
make gatom 80 characters long. I think this is why a *
appears in my pathnames at the 80th character, e.g.
/Users/patricksutherland/Documents/Edkelly/testinput/Andrew
Sachs/excerpts/Ex-*

On the other hand this is coming from a [ makesymbol
%s-voicing] where the %s is another path.

It works fine under Linux, but in osx things don't
work! Anyone know why/how to fix it?

Best,
Ed

->