[PD] bng - [t s] - print -> crash

Mathieu Bouchard matju at artengine.ca
Sat Nov 5 21:08:24 CET 2005

On Sat, 5 Nov 2005, Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Mathieu Bouchard hat gesagt: // Mathieu Bouchard wrote:
> > I fixed it a minute ago in devel_0_39.
> Good for devel_0_39. However: Why do you use "&s_float"?  I'd say,
> "&s_bang" would be more appropriate.

I'd say &s_bang too, if I cared about [t], but I think it's too late to
have a good [t], so I chose the way of the whackwards-compatibility.

Personally, I'd rather have it replaced by something like jMax's [fork].
The type conversion part of [t] doesn't really convert anything.

> To those not reading pd-cvs: See here for Matju's fix:
> http://lists.puredata.info/pipermail/pd-cvs/2005-11/004877.html
> In Pd-MAIN all this happens around line 981.

Also look at older versions of Pd-MAIN's x_connective.c which did exactly
the same &s_float business but worded differently.