[PD] [GEM] pix_video error on Athlon64

Drew Browning drew at uic.edu
Mon Nov 7 07:48:45 CET 2005

Tom,

It's encouraging to hear you are using GEM on an Athlon 64.
I'm using Pd version 0.39 TEST 4 and GEM: ver: 0.90 - I got them both from IEM.
Yes, I can view both the the DV cam and Webcam in other apps.
When no cameras are connected I get:
     error: pix_videoDS: No video capture devices found!
     error: pix_videoDS: COM has not been initialized.

Thanks for taking the time to help.
Drew