[PD] flext glibc double free or corruption

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Nov 7 09:35:56 CET 2005

Hallo,
Johannes Burström hat gesagt: // Johannes Burström wrote:

> Thomas Grill wrote:
> >
> >If you could use the debug version of pool (built with "flext/build.sh
> >pd gcc build-debug-single") and run pd with valgrind, some helpful
> >information could probably be gathered.
>
> I've tried to make an easy patch to provoke a segfault, and finally
> found a good recipe... attached is "abs.pd" and "parent.pd". open parent
> with abs in path, and remove one or two instances of abs, perhaps undo
> once, and pd will eventually crash.

Being on Debian myself, I tested your patch. It does not crash Pd,
however I also always get the glibc message, if I end Pd, and
sometimes Pd doesn't properly close itself. That is, only the GUI kind
of stops, the server keeps running until I Ctl-C it.  This doesn't
happen all the time, though.

All this can be made to stop by not loading the xsample library, which
I don't use that often, so for me it's no big deal.

Ciao