[PD] .pdrc in osx

Frank Barknecht fbar at footils.org
Mon Nov 7 15:14:31 CET 2005

Hallo,
Ed Kelly hat gesagt: // Ed Kelly wrote:

> I've developed an application for PD and I want to be
> able to package the whole thing as an installer, so
> that non-PD people (like my boss) can try out the
> patch straight out of the box.

I'm don't run OS-X, so read with care.

Generally you can run Pd from any directory you want, you don't need
to "install" it. So if you want to have a one-click abstraction
launcher, I would just compile Pd, copy all externals and abstractions
to the "extra" directory in the source tree, remove "src" and create a
script (.sh or .bat) to launch Pd with appropriate command line
options like:

#!/bin/sh
./bin/pd -path ./extra -lib SomeLib myabstraction.pd

or similar. Probably OS-X will offer some conventience tricks to make
that even more user friendly, but this way will in principle work
everywhere, and it's very easy to set up.

Ciao